B. Farnum Photography ~Vermont: Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You Must Have A Really Nice Camera!

So I have heard this statement over and over again this Summer & Fall. WOW! You must have a really nice, expensive, a lot of Megapixels, or a my favorite a great autofocus. What I want to say, and what I say are entirely different. I just nod smile and continue shooting the events as they unfold before me.

I do have a nice camera a Canon 5D (not a II) and a bunch of Canon L-Series lenses which help me work and photograph the way I want to. What the average photo enthusiast or point & shooter doesn't happen to understand is that I don't merely take a "Snap Shot", I am looking to create a certain look and feel to the images I make. I am not simply pressing the shutter in hopes that I might have a good image, I know when I will have a good image.

So the next time you are at a function where there is a professional photographer at a event that you are attending, please just know that they are there to work.  Everyone's view and perspectives are different. But just knowing a photographer or any artist for that matter is working out their creative vision. Their real focus is going to be on how this will look like to them, the client, and the general population.

Remember This:

Before you take a photo, ask yourself is this something I would want to look at, or better yet hang on my wall for others to see.

Keep Living Your Dreams.
Brian Farnum
B. Farnum Photography

Photography Editing we use at B. Farnum Photography

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Software for Mac Apple 
Aperture 3 Software
Nik¤Software Silver Efex Pro 2 Software

No comments:

Post a Comment